Activate™ Powered Cable Solutions
Activate™ Powered Cable Solutions (PCS) is offered by Remee Wire & Cable in response to the growing demand for Power over Ethernet (PoE) and other powered cabling applications requiring extended distances. Remee’s new Activate™ PCS line includes a selection of standard and customized Category and hybrid copper and fiber optic cable configurations to accommodate the varying needs of both small and large cabling projects. They can be used indoors or outdoors in commercial enterprise ethernet networks, industrial ethernet networks, and many other applications such as wireless and home or building automation devices.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology allows network cables to carry electrical power to devices and nodes, such as home automation devices, VoIP phones, wireless access points, industrial controls, network switches, LED lighting systems, surveillance products, media converters, PoE injectors, plus many others, with one Ethernet cable.
PoE cables allow the installation of remote or outdoor equipment without connecting to an AC power source, and power can be delivered to more areas without the need to install an electrical infrastructure and power outlets. Other benefits include reduced installation costs, safety, responsive deployments, easy to make changes, greater data collection capabilities and improved productivity.
However, the primary limitation of standard PoE cable is its limited distance from the hub or switch to the NIC of 100 meters (328 feet), which is the limit of the data signal, regardless of how far the power can reach. To provide power over both PoE and extended distances, Remee has designed Activate™, featuring a variety of Powered Cable Solutions. The new Activate™ PCS line includes fiber optic and copper hybrid constructions which extend the signal distance much further and are compatible with a fast-growing number of devices. Activate™ provides powered cabling for large-scale projects such as large buildings, government facilities, transportation facilities, campuses and more.
Broad Selection for Any Distance
The Activate™ PCS line includes:
- Category PoE Cables
- Cat 5e for PoE (Type 1, 802.3af), carrying 15.4WPS
- Cat 6 and Cat 6A for PoE+ (Type 2, 802.3at) cables, carrying 30WPS
- Cat 6 Limited Power for PoE++ (types 3 and 4, 802.3bt), carrying 60WPS or 100WPS
These twisted pair Category cables include 22 AWG or 24 AWG conductors, are offered with (STP) or without (UTP) shielding, and a Polyethylene or low-smoke and flame-retardant PVC jacket. Some are available in Siamese constructions. Category cables are CMR (riser), CMP (plenum) or OSP rated. The OSP rated cables feature water blocking, direct burial and messengered versions. These cables are well suited for PoE applications requiring up to 100W of power.
- Composite Cable Round Hybrid Constructions
In order to activate devices needing power over distances that extend beyond the PoE limit of 100 meters (328 feet), Remee’s Activate™ solutions include round fiber optic and copper hybrid constructions. Custom hybrid cable constructions can utilize 12 AWG to 18 AWG conductors to carry more power, while the data signal can reach greater distances than PoE by using one or more fiber optic strands.
As an example, custom Part No. 40-1200412NGB-216 includes four tight buffered/breakout fibers with water swellable aramid yarns under a sub-unit TPE jacket, and two copper cables with 16 AWG stranded bare copper conductors insulated with polyethylene. This composite cable has an overall flame-retardant PVC jacket. It is suitable for rugged outdoor use, including installation in a duct or aerial lashing.
- Siamese Hybrid Cable Constructions
Another Activate™ PCS includes Siamese hybrid cable constructions, which also allow data and power to reach beyond the PoE 100-foot distance limit.
As an example, custom Part No. 40-3300176EYO-2C18 is a Siamese construction that includes one fiber with water swellable aramid yarns under the outer jacket, and two 18 AWG stranded bare copper conductors insulated with REMGuard™ Plenum Polymer, and an overall UV-resistant REMGuard™ plenum jacket, rated CMP for indoor or outdoor use.
Standards & Certifications
Remee cables meet the applicable ETL and CSA requirements. All Remee cable products are manufactured under ISO 9001 certification.
Modified Standard & Custom PoE and PFCS Cables
In addition to standard cables, Remee can modify or customize any PoE cable or design any hybrid cable construction to meet your application requirements. Remee specializes in customizing cables by adding features such as:
- Bundled, composite and hybrid cables
- Jacketing & insulation options (material type and wall thickness)
- Various shielding configurations
- Water blocking – dry or with gel
- Non-standard colored jackets
- Optional striping
- Other requirements you may have
Important Remee Features:
- Flexibility – Cables with stranded conductors provide high flexibility to ease installation in walls or ceilings; Remee uses only solid copper strands – no aluminum-coated copper
- Stripability – REMGuard insulation is easy to peel or strip away from conductors
- Interference Protection – All cables with foil shields include 100% coverage to prevent signal interference or degradation from egress or ingress
- Water-Blocking – Water-swellable tape, water-blocking compounds or AquaLock™ dry tube technology are options at Remee to create a moisture barrier for direct burial or other applications where the cable is exposed to water or moisture
- Bundling – Remee bundled and composite cables allow multiple signals to traverse over more than one cable under one overall jacket; this simplifies installation, with only one cable needing to be pulled for installation, rather than multiple cables
- Jacket Options – Remee offers several jacketing options:
- RemGuard Polymer jackets for plenum-rated cables with low flammability and low smoke
- LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) jackets made of thermoplastic or thermoset compounds that emit limited smoke and no toxic halogen gasses
- Ask us about other polyolefin compounds to suit your application