Bird’s new Railway RF Cable & Antenna Analyzer solution provides a comprehensive kit that allows technicians to maintain high quality service networks in the railway industry. Based on the need for redundant communications, Bird’s Cable & Antenna Analyzer increases reliability and assures maintainability for communication protocols targeted in railway space. Designed to help novice and expert users, our easy-to-use analyzer finds problems before they become timeconsuming, expensive repairs. Bird’s RailHawk RF Railway Test Kit is the result of combining the proven antenna and cable testing functionality of the SiteHawk handheld analyzer, Bird’s plug and play power sensor – designed specifically to test the UHF analog/digital radio systems, as well as the GSM-R/LTE-R voice/data systems – and all the necessary loads, adapters and cables into a single rugged transit case. Avoid communication shortfalls, downtime and expense resulting from trial and error of swapping components to fix your issue.
RailHawk Product Features
- Test RF cables & antennas at the frequency of operation, not at DC where problems are masked
- Locate RF cable, connector & antenna problems at the source
- FDR (frequency Domain Reflectometry) pinpoints faults at the frequency of operation, unlike other measurement techniques which can mask pending failures of critical system components
- Distance to Fault (DTF) mode can plot VSWR or Return Loss levels at each distance point along the cable and antenna system length
- Cable Loss function measures insertion loss of the cable system over a given frequency range
- OTG USB communication port for connection to Bird power sensors, storage devices and battery charging