- This event has passed.
Keysight RF Back to Basics Seminar
March 20 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Learn RF measurement, design and simulation techniques
Join Keysight and Gap Wireless for a day of face-to-face networking with Keysight Technologies experts and others in your field. We’ll provide lunch,
product fair and the following technical sessions:
- Understanding the RF Signal Chain
- Network Analysis
- Signal Analysis
- Signal Generation and Modulation
- Accuracy Matters
- RF Simulation
Who Should Attend
Recent engineering graduates involved in RF and engineers or technicians transitioning to RF will benefit from this seminar.
Attendees should have a good understanding of basic electrical engineering principles.
When & Where
March 20, 2019
Doubletree Suites by Hilton
640 Fountain Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Registration at 9:00 a.m
9:00 a.m. – Registration / Refreshments
9:30 a.m. – RF Microwave Signal Chain and Network Analysis
- Transmit and receive signal chains
- Key characteristics for design and measurement
- Network analysis, transmission line theory, S-parameters, Smith Chart, and impedance measurements/matching
- Techniques to optimize dynamic range and accuracy
- Description of transmitting/receiving, and directivity
- Importance of calibration and error correction
10:45 a.m. – Break and Product Fair
11:00 a.m. – Spectrum Analysis
- Swept-tuned and FFT receiver techniques
- Learn optimization of spectral search techniques; including RBW, VBW, and dynamic range criteria
- Distortion and noise contributions
12:00 p.m. – Lunch and Product Fair
12:45 p.m. – Signal Generation and Modulation Basics
- CW signal generation and characteristics, including phase-noise and signal synthesis using VCOs and phase-locked-loops
- Measurement techniques for analog and digital modulation
1:45 p.m. – Break
2:00 p.m. – Accuracy Matters
- How accuracy affects the risk of incorrect pass/fail decisions.
2:30 p.m. – RF Simulation Basics
- Demonstration of Keysight ADS RF/Microwave Design Simulation Tool
- Learn S-parameter simulation, impedance matching, tuning, optimization, and device modeling
- X-parameters and the integration of S-parameters into test/design
3:00 p.m. – Wrap-up
PLUS, please join us from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. for happy hour sponsored by Keysight Services, and get to know our experts.